Accountant – Harwich, Essex.
Work location: Harwich, Essex.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
Hours: Full time, 9am-6pm Mon-Fri (1 hour lunch)
We are looking to recruit, on a permanent basis, an Accountant at our 11 acre head office site in Harwich. Reporting to the Finance Director the post holder will be an important member of our accounts team. Responsibilities involve developing weekly/periodic accounting, reporting and control activities, further details as follows;
- Responsible for raising sales invoices / credit notes and follow up on outstanding queries.
- Bank reconciliation for group bank accounts and loan accounts.
- Responsible for customer and vendor account reconciliations.
- Responsible for stock reconciliations.
- Support Credit Control by providing timely information and assist in follow ups.
- Processing of purchase ledger and ensure that all payments are timely and correct.
- Ensure all supplier invoices / credit notes are booked in the system for timely filing of monthly returns for the group.
- Review of the nominal ledgers of the company and be able to identify any accruals, prepayments etc. required.
- Liaise with Auditors.
- General day to day accounting work including acting as a backup for the other members of the accounts team as and when required.
- Prepare / assist in preparation of management reports.
Skills & Experience:
- Accountant with experience in maintaining books of account of any small or medium sized organisation.
- Good accounting skills & sound in reconciliation of accounts.
- Basic knowledge of PAYE / VAT is required.
- Working experience on Sage is essential and ERP exposure will be an added advantage.
- Flexible approach to work and excellent communication skills.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- Accomplished IT useIt you have the necessary skills and qualities and want to work in a growing business with great people, we would love to hear from you.