Accountant – Smethwick, Birmingham.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Golden Foods Birmingham is a wholesale Cash & Carry which provides a delivery service and food products mainly to oriental restaurants & takeaway outlets. The operation includes frozen, ambient and fresh goods services.
We are currently looking for an Accountant to join our busy team. Details are as follows;
Work location: Smethwick B66 2QP
Hours: Full time, Monday – Friday
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
- Responsible for raising sales invoices / credit notes and follow up on outstanding queries.
- Bank reconciliation for group bank accounts and loan accounts.
- Responsible for customer and vendor account reconciliations.
- Responsible for stock reconciliations.
- Support Credit Control by providing timely information and assist in follow ups.
- Processing of purchase ledger and ensure that all payments are timely and correct.
- Ensure all supplier invoices / credit notes are booked in the system for timely filing of monthly returns for the group.
- Review of the nominal ledgers of the company and be able to identify any accruals, prepayments etc. required.
- Liaise with Auditors.
- General day to day accounting work including acting as a backup for the other members of the accounts team as and when required.
- Prepare / assist in preparation of management reports.
Skills & Experience:
- Accountant with experience in maintaining books of account of any small or medium sized organisation.
- Good accounting skills & sound in reconciliation of accounts.
- Basic knowledge of PAYE / VAT is required.
- Working experience on Sage is essential and ERP exposure will be an added advantage.
- Flexible approach to work and excellent communication skills.
- Diligent with excellent attention to detail.
- Accomplished IT user
It you have the necessary skills and qualities required we would love to hear from you.
The post holder must be able to provide documentary evidence that demonstrates that they have the Right to Work in the UK.