Business Development Manager – Harwich, Essex
We are looking to recruit, on a permanent basis, an experienced Business Development Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director this is a senior management role responsible for successful strategic business development activities for the business for which you will be a key contributor.
Building on your extensive experience and knowledge, having worked in a comparable role in FMCG, this will be a hands on role having a commercial slant that will drive key growth areas of the business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning, execution and analysis of relevant business initiatives related to key products.
- Acquire new business from existing customers and potential customers using initiative and your personal skills.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of key products and markets.
- Increase the customer base.
- Deliver against the future growth strategy of the business.
- Organise meetings with existing and new clients.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Research, analyse and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalise on market opportunities and minimise effects of competitive activity.
- Ensure sales KPI’s are monitored and strived toward on an ongoing basis.
- Provide periodic reports with recommendations.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A recognised professional qualification in business.
- Experience within FMCG & food sales growth environment.
- Experience and knowledge of food sales domestically.
- Exposure to and knowledge of buying and selling in African countries.
- Experience in sales in categories such as pastes, canned fish, canned meats, condensed milk, pasta and palm oil.
- A proven track record in developing and growing product sales within the food sector.
- Experienced in generating new business and managing successful negotiations.
- Experienced and successful in growing existing accounts.
- Excellent managerial and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Sound experience of working with IT sales platforms.
- Excellent business and commercial skills.
- Ability to lead by example demonstrating honesty, integrity and commitment.
You will be working with excellent people in a highly successful and continuously growing business.
If you want to join us on the journey, and have the dedication to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.