Credit Control Assistant – Harwich, Essex.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable
Hours: Full time, 9am-6pm Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch each day)
Reporting to: Finance Director
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsibility for the collection of all third party debt
• Running credit checks and reviewing credit limits
• Chasing debt via the telephone and written communications
• Liaising with debt collectors when required
• Issuing statements
• Dealing with customer queries
• Preparation of aged debt reports
- Working closely with Credit Control colleague, members of the sales team and Finance Director.
- Daily release of customer orders checking the credit status and speaking to sales team / customers and clients to resolve any overdues before order is released
Skills and Experience
• Ideally 2/3 years credit control experience in a similar role (Preferred but not essential)
• Comfortable dealing with high volume and high value aged debt.
• Excellent Word and Excel skills – Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail is imperative
• Ability to maintain and manage relationships internally and externally and able to remain calm and professional when under pressure.
If you have the skills and qualities described above then we would love to hear from you.