Electrical Technician – Harwich, Essex.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Harwich, Essex.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2014 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
Based at our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex, as a result of continued expansion in our food production and packaging facility we are looking to add support to our engineering team by recruiting an Electrical Technician. Reporting to the Site Manager the purpose of this role is to provide electrical support and expertise to our busy automated production and packaging lines.
- Assist the Electrician with plant operational checks, routines and maintenance
- Ensure that machinery downtime is kept as low as possible
- Support the Electrician with fault finding problems
- Adherence to safety standards
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Some electrical knowledge and fault finding experience essential
- Knowledge of working within an industrial/manufacturing or FMCG environment desirable
- Fault finding skills and experience with food machinery preferred
- A keenness to learn and develop essential
If you have a passion or background in electrical engineering / production support we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate they have the right to work in the UK.