Food and Beverage Supervisor – Surya Hotels – UK Based
Company Overview: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
We are the UKâ€™s most progressive Hotel Group with a mission to make each visit relaxing and memorable.
All eleven properties within the portfolio have been specifically selected for their unique appeal in locations rich in heritage.
Our quest is to build a consortium of hotels of character, each with their own charm and quality. Combined with the ambience, we offer superior service standards, locally sourced food and accommodation that is of the highest levels.
Whether it be a visit for business or pleasure, a genuine warm welcome awaits you at Surya Hotels. At prices you will be pleasantly surprised with and service without compromise, we know you will want to return.
Key Requirements for the Role: Â Â Â Â
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally.
- Ability to lead and set by example.
- Superb Customer Service skills and the ability to upsell.
- Minimum 2 years Hospitality experience within a Food and Beverage Department.
- Excellent active listening, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Experience of presenting an environment that exceeds our Customer expectations.
- Ability to manage the F & B Department rota as in line with agreed budgets.
Main Duties of the Role:
- To ensure all daily and weekly F & B meetings are undertaken.
- To ensure the Hotel, delivers the minimum Hotel Standards in Food and Beverage departments.
- Ensure all standard checklists are used as prescribed.
- To empower team to be able to handle all guest feedback for positive and negative and record correctly.
- Actively consider prevention, recovery and investigation of any complaints.
- To anticipate guestsâ€™ needs wherever possible and promote to them within the hotel enhancing guest satisfaction.
- To assist in the activity of quality awards such as IIP/AA.
- To ensure all service standards are maintained throughout the Food and Beverage operations of the hotel.
- Ensure that Company and legal standards for cleanliness are maintained within all Food and Beverage areas within the Hotel.
- Ensure that the team are correctly uniformed, in line with Company Standards and understand the importance of personal hygiene.
- To communicate and share knowledge with other hotel departments.
- Regularly visit competitor hotels and Food and Beverage outlets to compare service and product.
- Liaise with the General Manager, about preventative maintenance of department.
- To positively promote sales awareness within the department and maximise sales opportunities.
- Ensure team awareness of hotel facilities, restaurant /bar opening times, hotel promotions, products, services and disabled facilities.
- Ensure team awareness and delivery of local and Company promotions and up-selling of departmental products and services.
- To ensure departmental attendance at daily, weekly and other meetings within the hotel.
- Ensure teams knowledge of local area and events.
- To ensure the hotel abides by Licensing Laws in England, Scotland and Wales (where applicable), as according to the hotel license arrangements.
- Know who to ask or where to find information if unable to answer customer queries.
- Ensure attendance of all team members at statutory training sessions as per the Company policy.
- Attend all legal/statutory courses as required by the Company.
- Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid reporting, and reporting accidents.
- To have a complete understanding of hotel and Company procedure in the event of a fire.
- Vigilance, awareness and appropriate action in maintaining departmental and hotel security.Â
- To carry out the role of Duty Manager as per the hotel rota.
- To conduct yourself as a positive Role Model.
- Ensure that you oversee your Line Manager duties in a professional manner and that duties such as One to One Meetings and Appraisals are carried out in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Surya Hotels DNA for staff recruitment.
- Ensure the welfare / Health and Safety of all Team members is not compromised.
- Drive the performance of all people within the Team.
- Support you General Manager to achieve Targets and KPIâ€™s.
- Ensure each staff member attends both Company and Hotel induction.
- Ensure each staff member attends statutory training.
- That you fulfil your duties as a Line Manager successfully. Â
- Coach all staff within the Business on Policies and Processes.
- Ensure that the Hotel rota is planned and in place to support the needs of the Â Business.
- Support the General Manager with projects, ensuring that deadlines are reached.
- Act as a constant in the positive image of the Hotel to its Customers and Â Stakeholders.
- To act as a positive Ambassador for Surya Hotels.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Â To ensure full compliance with all necessary Legislation.
- To represent the company in a Professional Manner with a view to exceeding our Customersâ€™ expectations.
- That you set a high priority in ensuring that the General Manager is supported in implementing all management systems to allow for the Team and the Business to thrive.Â
The nature of the Food and Beverage Supervisor position with the outlined description of responsibilities cannot be exclusive or restricted. The demands of the business will shift and duties outside of those mentioned will need to be addressed and met.