Surya Foods – Food Quality Control Assistant – Harwich, Essex.
Title: Food Quality Control Assistant
Reporting to: Group Technical Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
• To examine all factored goods being brought onto site, to cross reference its packaged declarations conform to the original product specification, correct any discrepancies, amending product spec/packaging to conform to UK legislation.
• To liaise directly with all relevant parties on product specifications and discrepancies.
• To perform quality checks on incoming goods, In-process goods and finished products as required and spot checks on equipment and products and maintain records.
• To ensure all products are produced and packaged in accordance with agreed specifications, and relevant legislation.
• Promote technical and quality standards in line with both company and customer specifications.
• To ensure that premises, plant, equipment and personnel hygiene are maintained at the highest standards.
• To verify systems within the factory to ensure full traceability of all ingredients and raw materials.
• To assist with Customer complaints and QC hold/quarantined cases.
Skills & Experience
• Attention to detail is imperative
• Ability to deal with a complexity of products
• Computer literate.
• Experience in a similar role within a food manufacture environment desirable.
• Experience with auditing (internal/external), knowledge and/ or experience of HACCP & BRCv7 standard desirable.