Head of IT (with strong financial background) – Harwich, Essex
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
Status: Full Time / Permanent (Contract will also be Considered)
Reporting to: Managing Director
The success of Flying Trade Group is built on three core values – service, value and quality.
As a family run group we focus on delivering excellent customer service, together with fantastic quality products and services at great prices, across all the sectors we operate within. These values have enabled our business to thrive and grow rapidly in recent years despite challenging economic times. Over the last decade Flying Trade Group has attained a prominent position across some of the UK’s leading business sectors.
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position of being one of the largest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
Meanwhile Surya Hotel’s expanding hotel portfolio currently features some of the UK’s most beautiful niche hotels. Interests in the leisure, property and construction sectors also form an important part of our UK business.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a Head of IT with a strong finance background based at our Head Office in Harwich, Essex.
As the Head of IT you will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day IT services, providing functional expertise and controlled change management whilst achieving service levels and operational excellence.
- Develop, implement, maintain robust controls and ensure all risks are identified and managed
- Devise and develop a group structure in line with business activities
- Develop financial strategies in line with organisational objectives
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting and KPI’s for local management and Group including statutory accounts
- Oversee the effectiveness and lead the continued development of the Company ERP systems
- Shape the suite of reports that will drive the decision making process of the operations
- Work with the senior team to drive the strategic direction of the Group.
- Hold recognised IT and accountancy qualifications or relevant experience
- Experience of working in the lead IT role within a multi-faceted organisation (Essential)
- Experience of leading business changing projects (Essential)
- Strong IT skills with experience of selecting, implementing and bespoking IT systems (Essential)
- Provide a demonstrable track record in delivering excellent control and reporting frameworks.
- Provide a demonstrable track record in supporting the commercial decision making process, ultimately driving profit & cash optimisation
- Demonstrates a ‘Can do’ attitude and always delivering on tasks though to a conclusion
- Intuitively able to comprehend business needs and taking appropriate decisions to drive business growth and improvement
- Hands on with an eye for detail but able to appreciate the bigger picture
- Adaptable character, strong enough to challenge whilst at the same time able to build long-term relationships with colleagues, management and group.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with excellent people in a growing Company.
If you want to join us on the journey, and have the dedication to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.