Hotel General Manager – Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
We are looking for a General Manager to lead our newly refurbished Dragonfly Hotel in Bury St Edmunds. All 76 bedrooms have been refurbished and our Barley & Graze restaurant is now fully incorporated into the hotel.
Dragonfly Hotels have a simple philosophy: economy with excellence. It means we do the basics brilliantly, with a splash of panache for good measure. In four key east of England locations, we deliver comfort, convenience and efficient, switched-on service, sensibly priced so you can do more with your trip, whether you’re staying with us for business, leisure, or a little bit of both.
To be successful as our General Manager you need:
- Management Experience in a 3/4 * 50+ bedroom hotel
- Thirst to drive and improve standards across the Hotel
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead and inspire a team, across a number of divisions, e.g. Kitchen, Housekeeping, Reception
- Desire to delight our guests at all stages of their booking or stay with us
- Numerical dexterity to crunch the numbers, drive occupancy, ARR and achieve best ROI
- Insight in to local market, specifically aware of MICE opportunities and ways to increase F&B footfall
- Compassion to lead, motivate, inspire and develop your team- from your housekeeping stars to your admin support and FOH wonders
- Proven experience being hands on whilst seeing the bigger picture to increase your business
- Proven ability to work autonomously within an evolving framework
General Managers are managed against the Hotel P&L, guest feedback, ARR, Occupancy levels, Audits and Team stability
The ideal General Manager:
- Must have experience within a similar role with site and P&L responsibility
- Strong Hospitality Background, with experience gained in hotels, with proven levels of success
- Excellent management skills, including recruiting, performance managing and leading a team and an exceptional manager
- Commercially astute to monitor and analyse trends and identify opportunities
- Flexible in approach and a ‘Can do, will achieve’ attitude
Surya Hotels owns and operates 14 Hotels and Pubs across East Anglia and Surrey, as part of the independently owned Flying Trade Group, a collection of companies within leisure, food, construction and hospitality. We offer our team great career prospects as we continue to grow.
In return we’re offering our General Manager:
- A highly competitive salary
- 28 days holiday, (inclusive of public holidays),
- AE pension,
- Bike to work scheme,
- Varied working times and great opportunities to advance your career
- Big discounts on Hotel Stays and Meals, throughout the Group
If you’re a career focused, passionate and progressive General Manager looking to lead an amazing hotel team, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year