Import & Export Clerk – Maternity Leave Cover – Harwich, Essex
We’re recruiting, on a temporary basis to cover a period of maternity leave, for an experienced Import and Export Clerk working as part of our busy Finance team.
- Dealing with imported deep sea freight shipments from world wide destinations.
- Liaise with shipping lines and agents to obtain up to date shipment information.
- Collate and check documentation for customs clearance, ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Track containers, arrange timely releases and book deliveries where applicable.
- Buying Team Coordination – Interface with the buying team for purchase orders, documentation / despatch intimation and supplier queries to ensure all paperwork is received in time for imports clearance.
- Coordinate direct delivery container orders with buyer and advise logistics.
- Liaise with other companies within the group to ensure all paperwork is present, correct and in time for clearances.
- Rural Payment Agency – Coordinate all activities including license applications, certificate of origin / authenticity stamping, follow up as necessary.
- HMRC – Coordinate duties, address any coding issues for product lines.
- Shipping Lines – Ensure all invoices are received in time and follow up for payments so that release pins are received in timely manner.
- Clearing Agent – Ensure the paperwork has reached the clearing agent and container is cleared as soon as it arrives.
- Finance – Coordinate paperwork with Finance ensuring all payments for collection documents and shipping lines are paid well within time.
- Logistics – Liaise with logistics for timely collections from the quay.
- Record Keeping – Maintain records with up to date data as required including records for HMRC inspection.
Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous.