Maintenance Technicians – Harwich, Essex.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Hours: Minimum 40 hrs per week
Location: Harwich, Essex.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2014 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
Based at our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex, as a result of continued expansion in our food production and packaging facility we are looking to add to our engineering team by recruiting a Mechanical Engineer. Reporting to the Site Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide mechanical and line improvement support to our busy automated production and packaging lines.
- Mechanical breakdown and repair
- Plant operational checks, routines and maintenance
- Ensure that machinery downtime is kept as low as possible
- Fault finding Mechanical problems
- To carry out machinery improvements
- Adherence to safety standards
- To provide assistance to senior technicians on site.
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Mainly mechanical although some electrical experience would be an advantage
- Experience in a similar role within an industrial/manufacturing or FMCG environment
- Maintenance background
- Experience of maintaining production machinery
- PLC knowledge beneficial but not essential
- Experience with welding/grinding etc.
- Awareness of GMP and Food Safety Requirements
- Ability to communicate across all levels and work on own initiative.
- Manage and prioritise workload in a fast paced environment.
If you are a Mechanical technician /engineer or have a strong background in engineering / production support we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate they have the right to work in the UK.