Operations Manager – Surya Hotels UK Based
Company Overview: Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
We are the UKâ€™s most progressive Hotel Group with a mission to make each visit relaxing and memorable.
All eleven properties within the portfolio have been specifically selected for their unique appeal in locations rich in heritage.
Our quest is to build a consortium of hotels of character, each with their own charm and quality. Combined with the ambience, we offer superior service standards, locally sourced food and accommodation that is of the highest levels.
Whether it be a visit for business or pleasure, a genuine warm welcome awaits you at Surya Hotels. At prices you will be pleasantly surprised with and service without compromise, we know you will want to return.
Key Requirements for the Role:
- Excellent communication skills both written and orally.
- Strong People Management skills with attention to detail.
- Superb Customer Service skills and the ability to upsell.
- Minimum 2 years Hospitality experience at Junior Management level.
- Excellent active listening, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Clear understanding of and ability to manage F & B, Housekeeping, Kitchen, Sales, Events and other Operational aspects of the Business.
- Ability to Manage the Hotel rota as in line with agreed budgets.
- Evidence of supporting the Business in the absence of the General Manager.
- Evidence of Leading a Team and the ability to act as a positive Role Model.
Main Duties of the Role:
- To ensure that the hotel operates effectively on a day to day basis, in line with company and brand standards, and that the appearance of the hotel and staff create a professional impression to guests.
- Monitor and action feedback received through mystery audit, TripAdvisor, guest comment cards, 3rd party websites and from clients after events and resolve any Client / Customer disputes or complaints, in a professional manner and as per Policy.
- Prepare management reports, participation in budget elaboration and follow up of revenue and control of costs.
- Have awareness of the Profit and Loss account and support the team in achieving their KPIâ€™s.
- To be fully conversant with the Financial Plan, and able to contribute to the forecast process.
- To be able to recognise actions to correct shortfall.
- Support F&B and Chef in achieving their liquor and food surplus.
- Participate effectively on payroll, by ensuring the control of overtime, recruitment and use of casual staff.
- Ensure weekly wage costing with HODâ€™s to reflect the needs of the business.
- Work within the budget figures to control expenses and cost of sales.
- Propose alternative ideas and ways to improve the efficiency of the business.
- Maintain high visibility during peak service times to ensure successful operation, promotion of good public relations, and responsive action to guest issues.
- To provide Duty Management cover.
- Ensure the FLOW training system is functioning as per set targets and Employee performance.
- Ensure the hotel complies with regards to H&S, Employment Law and Licensing.Â
- Ensure compliance with regard to food hygiene and HACCAP systems in line with the Company Food Policy and current legislation.
- Ensure that the staff attend all appropriate statutory training.
- To lead and motivate the team to achieve their commitment and deliver great Customer Service.
- In the absence of the General Manager, chair weekly Heads of Department meetings with minutes and actions recorded.
- Conduct One to One meetings, as per your Line Management duties.
- Identify major events in the area and plan for them, ensuring that resources are used profitability and effectively.
- Forward plan for peaks and troughs in Business.
- Host guest show rounds with the objective of making the sale.
- Support the Maintenance Team in achieving and completing items on the maintenance plan.
- Ensure all areas of the Hotel are maintained in pristine condition.
- Support any HR matters as and when requested.
- Understand the IT process, including user name and list of contacts for any systems issue.
- Know how to resolve any system issue or provide a solution or who to contact.
- Ensure backups are done on a regular basis.
- Maintain the Surya Hotels DNA for staff recruitment.
- Ensure the welfare / Health and Safety of all Team members is not compromised.
- Drive the performance of all people within the Team.
- Support your General Manager to achieve Targets and KPIâ€™s.
- Ensure each staff member attends both Company and Hotel induction.
- Ensure each staff member attends statutory training.
- Effectively fulfill your duties as a Line Manager successfully. Â
- Coach all staff within the Business on Policies and Processes.
- Chair Team meetings in the absence of the General Manager.
- Ensure that the Hotel rota is planned and in place to support the needs of the Business.
- Support the General Manager with projects, ensuring that deadlines are reached.
- Act as a constant in the positive image of the Hotel to its Customers and Stakeholders.
- Support the payroll process.
- To act as a positive Ambassador for Surya Hotels.
- To ensure full compliance with all necessary Legislation.
- To represent the company in a Professional Manner with a view to exceeding our Customersâ€™ expectations.
- That you set a high priority in ensuring that the General Manager is supported in implementing all management systems to allow for the Team and the Business to thrive.
The nature of the Operations Managers position with the outlined description of responsibilities cannot be exclusive or restricted. The demands of the business will shift and duties outside of those mentioned will need to be addressed and met.