Operations Manager – Wembley, Greater London
Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £25,000 per annum (reviewed at three months)
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Golden Oriental Foods, Wembley, London.
Part of Surya Foods, Golden Oriental Foods is an Oriental Cash and Carry in Wembley delivering to restaurants and businesses across the whole of London and beyond.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join the team who will be supervising and organizing a team of warehouse staff and drivers on a daily basis.
Day to day tasks will include the following:
- Coordinating with Logistics to plan scheduled deliveries.
- Organizing the daily goods in/out, maintaining stock control and rotation.
- Report and update management as required.
- Planning weekly staff rosters for optimum performance.
- Conducting supervisions and appraisals.
- Monitoring staff performance.
- Point of call for guidance and advice.
- Ensure staff are working in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- To work closely with Logistics and Buying to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Daily opening / closing duties as required.
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety and UK driving rules.
The ideal person for this role should possess the following:
- Evidence of having at least 2 years of managerial experience.
- Ability to manage staff teams effectively.
- Excellent organisational, communication and people skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to think fast and resolve issues promptly and in line with policies and procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn, improve and adapt to improve the operations and logistic team.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Have a good understanding of London roads.
- Presentable and polite.
- Have a full clean UK driving license.
- Have a full understanding of all Microsoft packages including Excel, Work and Outlook.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Confident and excellent phone manner and customer services skills.
We are looking for someone to grow with the company with an immediate start available.
Please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.