Paralegal Assistant – Harwich, Essex.
Status: Full Time or Part Time will be considered
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday / Part Time by Prior Agreement.
Salary: Competitive & Negotiable dependent upon skills and experience.
As a result of continued growth we are looking to expand our existing Legal department which supports Surya Foods and its sister operations.
Working out of our 11 acre head office site in Harwich, Essex we are recruiting for a Paralegal Assistant who will be responsible for providing a range of generalist support to the Legal function.
Working closely with the Legal Counsel and Credit Control staff, you will be a confident or developing Assistant comfortable in supporting the variety of tasks and challenges that come with working in a rapidly expanding FMCG business.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to produce quality work on time within a sometimes pressurised environment. A high attention to detail, confidentiality and a good working knowledge of Litigation practices, systems and Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Provide assistance and litigation support to the Legal and Credit Control departments.
- Assist with the correspondence and litigation process associated with the recovery of outstanding client debt.
- Resolve queries and maximise collection rates.
- Account management skills.
- Knowledge of civil procedure rules and civil claims with a view to drafting legal court documents.
- Dealing and responding to defences and documents, obtaining judgement and thereafter enforcing judgement are key components of this role.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- Law Degree desirable but not essential or relevant legal experience and/or background
- Professional approach.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality as required.
- Attention to detail paramount.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resilient and conscientious.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are essential for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an accomplished Paralegal Assistant or someone who has worked in a Legal setting who is keen to develop their knowledge and skills.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.