Sales Manager Opportunities (Ethnic Foods) – London Area.
Sales Manager Opportunities (Ethnic Foods) London Area – Excellent Earnings Potential!!
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector.
With over 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
We are growing fast and recruiting, on a permanent basis, for Sales Managers in and around the London area.
Excellent Salary + Bonus + Car
Reporting to the Ethnic Accounts Director you will be responsible for driving product growth and sales in independent outlets and wholesalers in the London area. The role is full time. You will be responsible for contacting clients, up-selling on existing orders, driving sales and building relationships. You will need to be able to communicate to the highest standard, be engaging and of course be incredible at sales and closing the deal!
These are remote roles with regional responsibility therefore travel is an essential component. A Company car (or mileage reclaim) is provided with a requirement to visit head offices in Harwich, Essex on an occasional basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for a range of ethnic food sales into independent outlets.
- Develop profitable and sustainable sales growth year on year for key assigned accounts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer, main competitors and develop strategic initiatives.
- Having full autonomy and accountability of account management
- Liaise with members of the organisation to ensure service levels are maintained
- Ability to manage relationships with clients on a professional basis.
- To provide periodic ongoing reports to the Ethnic Accounts Director.
- Assist with promotional activities and NPD.
- Take new products to the market.
- Ensure KPI’s are monitored on an ongoing basis.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Track record in developing accounts and delivering results
- Experienced in food sales (ethnic foods advantageous)
- A good head for figures and an analytical approach to sales and margins
- Energy, enthusiasm, commitment and ambition together with a genuine team spirit attitude
- A professional and likeable personality able to quickly build relationships with customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- FMCG knowledge is essential
- A desire to grow and develop
If you possess these qualities and are looking for a rewarding career with opportunity for progression, we would love to hear from you.