Surya Foods – Financial Controller- Harwich, Essex.
We are looking to recruit, on a permanent basis, an experienced Financial Controller. Reporting to the Finance Director this is a senior management role responsible for supporting the Finance Director, leading the finance team on a daily basis, developing weekly/periodic accounting, reporting and control activities.
Building on your extensive experience and knowledge, having worked in a comparable role in FMCG, this will be a hands on role having a commercial slant that will be supporting the key decisions made in the business and having a clear understanding of the business status.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in Monthly Financial MI pack generation for the group.
- Improve Company accounting with robust controls on payables, bank reconciliations, expenses control.
- Identify and report areas where cost savings can be initiated or improved, ensure cost centre accounting is maintained.
- Ensure that all VAT, Intrastat, EC sales etc are filed on time for the Group.
- Supervise PAYE for the group in terms of compliance.
- Assist in Access Implementation in terms of chart of accounts set up, cost centre / expense accounting and supplier ledger set up.
- Team leader role to supervise and assist accounts staff in correct accounting routines and supervising all entries are posted in the system in a timely manner.
- Assist the Group Financial Accountant in maintenance of insurance policies, company leases, corporate tax and statutory documents, bank documents.
- Liaison with banks on documents through them, with shipping lines on payment issues and vendor payment / accounting matters.
- Prepare key audit information and schedules for audit, taxation, VAT queries etc.
Skills, qualification and experience
- Degree Qualified & Part or Full qualified CIMA
- Experience within the FMCG & Food environment
- Good level of systems knowledge (Sage, Excel, Word)
- Excellent spreadsheet skills
- P&L accounting and reporting experience including variance analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Excellent business and commercial skills