We are currently recruiting for the next cohort of our Graduate Programme ‘Together We Grow’ for 2022 start.
The exciting and innovative programme is designed to develop talented individuals who have recently graduated and are ‘hungry for success and hungry to grow’ and potentially lead our business in the future. This means providing you with the technical expertise, business knowledge, professional skills and ongoing support to be the best you can be.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team.
You will spend time working within key areas of the business including;
- Product Development
- Supply Chain
- Manufacturing Operations
You will be allocated a buddy to help you settle into your role and a mentor to support your ongoing development.
What we are looking for
The standard of our customer service, the strength of our business strategy and the value we deliver for our stakeholders are all a result of the talented people who, together, make up Surya Foods.
Because of this we are much more interested in what you could do, than what you have already done. We are looking for graduates who can demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Demonstrates commercial acumen
- Ability to make reasoned decisions
- Ability to work with people at all levels and from all backgrounds
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise, and have good time management skills
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
In addition to this, we are looking for graduates with the following:
- Work site based at our 11-acre Food Manufacturing plant in Harwich, Essex, UK
- Willing to travel around the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time (role dependent and where applicable)
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- In order to be considered for this programme you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK
2:2 degree (or above) MSc in Food Innovation / Business Management / Accountancy and Finance / Sales & Marketing / Food Science / ECommerce & Digital Marketing/ Manufacturing Engineering / International Business in Supply Chain Management / Logistics and Supply Chain Management /
£18,000 – £20,000 dependent on entry level and experience
Contract, dates and working times
How to apply:
The selection process for the graduate roles is as follows:
- Stage 1: Initial application – to demonstrate you meet the essential criteria for the role.
- Stage 2: Telephone interview with a member of our HR Team– to assess values and behavioural competencies
- Stage 3: Competency based interview – with Hiring Manager
- Stage 4: Final stage interview – a short 15 minute presentation (to be confirmed prior to interview) and discussion of your competencies and overall performance with the senior management team in your chosen location and discipline