Business Development Manager – Frozen Category – Harwich, Essex
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Location: Home Based, travel within the UK & Romania is an essential component. A Company car is provided with a requirement to visit head offices in Harwich, Essex normally 1 day every 2 weeks.
If you are looking to further your career with an exciting global, outward-looking company, we would be delighted to hear from you. Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Laila Basmati Rice and the Humza range of frozen halal products – the UK’s market leader.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £150-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times “Top Track 250” league tables and the Sunday Times International “Track” 200 in 2019. In 2020, we are already growing at 27% and have recently added 9 key personnel to our sales and marketing team as we look to build our business capability for customers.
We are a multi-channel supplier and one of the biggest in world foods to supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons. Some key partners in Wholesale are Bestway, Brakes, Bidfood and Dhamecha. We supply also the convenience channel including Co-op, Iceland & Spar. We have a thriving small independent customer base (over 1000) across the UK. Online and export are growing channels too. Surya Foods represents some leading brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO and Ajinomoto.
In 2020, we will be launching over 100 new products which is relevant to every sales channel as we look to dramatically expand our business in the next phase of our development – as we now enter core FMCG mainstream categories. The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to further your career. Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
We are now proactively recruiting on a permanent basis;
Business Development Manager – Frozen Category, to aggressively grow this business over the next 3 years. Surya Foods have invested in a BRC Grade A frozen factory in Romania specialising in hand-made frozen products which is now ready for exponential growth.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for creating and delivering a 3 year business plan which creates new customer partnerships, new product categories and optimises volumes to meet maximum capacity. The successful candidate will ultimately treble sales at reasonable profitability in this timeframe.
You will be an entrepreneur at heart, driven to succeed with an amazing “can do” attitude and will be able to successfully communicate internally and externally. You will be self-sufficient at writing and delivering incredible and realistic business plans that deliver profitable sales and be a brand builder and ambassador.
Applicants must have a successful track record within a frozen food manufacturing / selling environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for sales and profitability for the frozen division
- Develop the Humza brand vision within the Frozen Halal & Ethnic market across all sales channels in UK & Europe, growing market share each year.
- Think broadly and develop a new product development pipeline and new sales routes in mainstream frozen categories
- Create sales to utilise full production capacity for factory in Romania
- Source products with the buying team that cannot be produced in-house as part of an efficient and optimal range
- Create exciting, relevant and commercially viable business plans for all customers
- Collaborate well internally with Buying, Logistics and Sales
- KPI driven and someone who thrives on hitting and exceeding targets.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Entrepreneurial selling skills at the highest level
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a successful manufacturing and commercial team
- Previous experience of any FMCG frozen food category is crucial. Any experience within ethnic foods/halal will be helpful, but not essential.
- Analytical and strong attention to detail, someone who understands market trends
- Ability to maintain and manage strong customer and internal relationships
- Experience of creating and delivering branded / own label business plans
- A real desire to grow and develop
- Great communicator
If you have the necessary skills and experience and want to work with great people in a growing business then we would love to hear from you.
We look forward to hearing from you.