Business Development Managers (Food Industry), Remote/Field Based, UK
- Location: Field Based with Occasional Requirement to Visit Head Offices Harwich, Essex.
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable + Bonus Potential.
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
We are looking to recruit, on a permanent basis, experienced Business Development Managers for our world foods business.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a role responsible for successful strategic business development activities for the business for which you will be a key contributor.
Building on your experience and knowledge, having worked in a comparable role in FMCG, this will be a hands on role having a commercial slant that will drive key growth areas of the world foods business.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading the planning, execution and analysis of relevant business initiatives related to key products.
- Acquire new business from existing customers and potential customers using initiative and your personal skills.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of key products and markets.
- Increase the customer base.
- Deliver against the future growth strategy of the business.
- Organise meetings with existing and new clients.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Research, analyse and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalise on market opportunities and minimise effects of competitive activity.
- Ensure sales KPI’s are monitored and strived toward on an ongoing basis.
- Provide periodic reports with recommendations.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Experience within FMCG & food sales growth environment.
- Experience and knowledge of food sales domestically.
- A proven track record in developing and growing product sales within the food sector.
- Experienced in generating new business and managing successful negotiations.
- Experienced and successful in growing existing accounts.
- Excellent managerial and communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Sound experience of working with IT sales platforms.
- Excellent business and commercial skills.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, want to work with great people and develop your career in a growing business then we would love to hear from you.