Buyer (Oriental Products) – Wembley, London
Buyer – Wembley
Competitive Salary – Negotiable dependant upon skills and experience
Full Time / Permanent
Golden Oriental Foods, Wembley.
Golden Oriental Foods is part of Surya Foods which is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with extensive independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK top ten according to 2014 Nielsen data. (Laila, Salaam & Apna).
With 2,000 products available, Surya represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies as well as its own popular house-brands, including Laila, Salaam, Apna, Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
Reporting to the General Manager, we are recruiting on a permanent basis, a full time Buyer to be based at our Wembley depot. Buying experience with an Oriental business desirable and so is knowledge of Mandarin / Cantonese.
- All Procurement for the Oriental business and maintaining stock levels.
- Manage the buying relationships with suppliers to the business
- Working with internal teams and suppliers to deliver product solutions
- Develop collaborative relationships with key suppliers
- Negotiate and secure the supply chain for products at competitive prices
- Positive problem solving
- Effectively support the buying function
- Plan and execute effective sales promotions
- Manage Margins effectively
- Arranging and executing planned and random stock checks to ensure stock accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products
- Computer literate / English speaking
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Capable decision maker
- Work well under pressure
- Experience in Mandarin / Cantonese advantageous but not essential
If you have the necessary skills and experience we would love to hear from you.
All applicants must be able to produce documentary evidence of Right to Work in the UK.