Category Manager, Harwich Essex
We have ambitious plans to maintain and grow our position as the UK’s leading supplier of World Foods across Europe that are of good quality, sustainable origin, at great customer value.
As part of our growth plans for 2022, we are now seeking a Category Manager for Mainstream to join our Commercial Team.
The ideal candidate will have gained category insight/management experience within a recognised FMCG manufacturer and will be ambitious enough to take the next step in their career by joining a progressive FMCG company at a full Category Manager level position.
Category Manager duties and responsibilities
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Search for insights into consumer needs and wants
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for product categories
- Design exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors Place appropriate orders
- Ensure product availability
- Strategize positioning of a product category in order to maximize its visibility
- Collaborate with the marketing team
- Research competitors and suggest appropriate pricing and promotional activities
- Work with customers and merchandisers and find new ways of expanding product categories
- Calculate forecasts for product demand trends Manage and track budget
Category Manager requirements
- Previous working experience as category manager for minimum of 3 years within food.
- Previous experience in Buying within a fast moving retail environment.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing and sales operations and processes
- Good working knowledge of budgets and managing conflicting projects.
- Hands on experience with analyzing big data and making forecasts
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills