Commercial Coordinator – Harwich, Essex
- Title: Commercial Coordinator
- Status: Full time / Permanent
- Location: Harwich, Essex, UK
- Salary: Competitive DOE
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges. With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Commercial Coordinator, reporting to the Category Controller. This role is a hugely important one within Surya Foods. You will be the administrative support to all departments within the business and will work closely with our Independent & Multiples Sales Teams in their liaison with key retail customers (eg Tesco, Asda, Aldi, Independent stores etc.), to ensure that Surya Foods have the right ranges, promotions and internal administration to fuel the business’ desire to continue to grow in this area
- Identify and propose areas of improvement across the business
- Report on customer sales, identifying trends and opportunities
- To complete all New Line Forms as required by customers
- Liaise with cross functional teams to ensure that sales forecasts are live and will achieve service level targets
- Manage and track specific KPIs
- Collate and manage a product master file and ensure that customers have accurate data on new and existing products
- To work with the internal buying team to improve the clarity and sharing of product details, opportunities and changes
- Ensure that promotional plans are in place and aligned to operational plans
- Manage the fulfilment of customer sample requests
- Excellent organisational / time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Can do attitude
- Commercial background advantageous but not essential
Surya Foods has grown rapidly in recent years, and have invested in new resources to continue this growth, including this incremental role.
This is not just an administrative role, the Commercial Co-Ordinator will be empowered to identify areas to simplify or improve processes, and have day to day exposure to senior commercial contacts within Surya as they work together to improve sales, service levels, efficiency and profit with our high profile customers.
With the right candidate, this role has scope for personal development and to evolve into a significant role with business wide exposure and impact.