Creative Designer (Food)- Harwich, Essex
- Location: Harwich/ Colchester, Essex
- Role: Creative Designer
- Job Type: Full Time / Permanent – Monday to Friday
- Salary: Competitive/Negotiable (DOE)
We have an exciting new role for a Creative Designer to join our expanding Marketing team. You’ll be joining a progressive and expanding company which offers learning and opportunity to grow.
You will work across our brands working on a variety of projects and activities as well as research, present, and produce high standard concept designs.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of the food industry and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- Take ownership of projects from idea conception to artwork delivery under the guidance of the Head of Creative.
- Working closely with the Head of Creative to manage and maintain workflows on a daily basis to ensure a smooth-running team and category.
- Manage all graphic design requests and ensure you keep a comprehensive, trackable list of jobs and deadlines.
- Brand illustration work and creative tasks
- Sales pitch presentations
- Present concepts and ideas to colleagues whilst confidently communicating the design rationale and technical aspects of a project
- Producing accurate, print ready packaging and creative artwork for our FMCG mainstream products
- Promotion pop-up artwork
Skills required include:
- A degree in design and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in design and art working
- A fantastic creative flair and significant experience in graphic design, artwork and packaging design is essential
- experience in making mainstream FMCG product designs
- Sound knowledge of all industry standard software including the Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
- Excellent Project and Time Management Skills
- A collaborative attitude
- A self starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Enthusiastic, passionate about design, and have a great eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Familiar with MS PowerPoint
- A team-player with a growth mindset
- An appreciation for the role of accessibility within design
- Proactive and passionate about food, you’ll be someone who always keeps up to date with the latest design trends
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- 25 days annual leave + 8 public holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount after 6 months’ service at one of our 13 Surya Hotel and Leisure sites
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d love to hear from you.