‘Delicja’ Polish Delicatessen Counter Sales Assistant Flexible Hours – Slough, SL1 9LA
Location: Within Asda Superstore Slough (SL1 9LA)
Role: Counter Sales Assistant – Flexible Hours to Suit Employee / Business (Zero+)
Rate of Pay: £8.72p per hour
Job Type / Hours: Permanent position. Fexibility and ability to work variable hours to mutually suit employee and business. Hours are available across weekdays, weekends, afternoon/evenings and bank holidays.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector.
With concessions operating out of many Asda stores in and around London, our Delicja Delicatessens specialise in Polish and Eastern European products such as polish meats, cheeses, dairy products, cakes, breads and seasonal items.
We are currently recruiting for a Counter Sales Assistant to work at our counter within Asda Slough Superstore.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, being polite, helpful and professional at all times.
- Ensure all cleaning procedures are undertaken and all records are completed and kept up to date as required.
- Undertake all training necessary for the safe and effective operation of counter operations.
- Ensure all products are labelled correctly with the correct name and price and dates.
- Ensure good stock rotation management by ensuring that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked against invoice in detail with specific emphasis on dates, shortages, contamination and delivery temperatures.
- Maintain regular temperature checks of the counter and ensure records are updated on a regular basis to meet Health and Safety and food safety legislation.
- Operate machinery in a safe manner and wear PPE as required.
- Be flexible when it comes to working hours.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer services skills including being polite, friendly, helpful and professional.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate
- Ability to interpret orders
Knowledge of, or a passion for Polish and Eastern European foods are desirable.
Flexibility with working hours.
Ability to speak/understand Polish would be advantageous but not essential.
Full training is provided.
If you have the skills and an excellent customer orientated attitude we would love you to apply.