‘Delicja’ Polish Delicatessen Counter Sales Assistant Vacancies – Wisbech, PE13 1PE.
Location: Wisbech – Within Asda Wisbech Supercentre, PE13 1PE.
Role: Counter Sales Assistants
Rate of Pay: £8.21 – £8.50 per hour (dependent upon experience)
Job Type: Full Time / Part-time, Permanent.
Hours: 40 hours per week, shifts of 8am-4pm & 1pm-9pm, weekdays, weekends and bank holidays required on a rota basis. Part-time roles also available which can be discussed.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector.
With concessions operating out of many Asda stores in and around London, we are now expanding and opening a further counter in Wisbech. Our ‘Delicja’ Delicatessens specialise in Polish and Eastern European products such as polish meats, cheeses, dairy products, cakes, breads and seasonal items.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, being polite, helpful and professional at all times.
- Ensure all cleaning procedures are undertaken and all records are completed and kept up to date as required.
- Undertake all training necessary for the safe and effective operation of counter operations.
- Ensure all products are labelled correctly with the correct name and price and dates.
- Ensure good stock rotation management by ensuring that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked against invoice in detail with specific emphasis on dates, shortages, contamination and delivery temperatures.
- Maintain regular temperature checks of the counter and ensure records are updated on a regular basis to meet Health and Safety and food safety legislation.
- Operate machinery in a safe manner and wear PPE as required.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer services skills including being polite, friendly, helpful and professional.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate
- Ability to interpret orders
Knowledge of or a passion for Polish and Eastern European foods is essential.
Ability to speak/understand Polish would be advantageous but not essential.
Full training is provided.
If you have the skills and an excellent customer orientated attitude we would love you to apply.