‘Delicja’ Polish Delicatessen Counter Sales Assistant Vacancy – Hounslow, TW3 1JT and Park Royal, NW10 7LW
Across 2 x Locations: Between Hounslow (TW3 1JT) and Park Royal (NW10 7LW)
Role: Counter Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.46p per hour
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, including days, evenings and weekends required on a rota- basis.
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector.
With concessions operating out of many Asda stores in and around London, our Delicja Delicatessens specialise in Polish and Eastern European products such as polish meats, cheeses, dairy products, cakes, breads and seasonal items.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Counter Assistant to work 40 hours between two of our counters within Asda Hounslow Superstore and Asda Park Royal Superstore.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, being polite, helpful and professional at all times.
- Ensure all cleaning procedures are undertaken and all records are completed and kept up to date as required.
- Undertake all training necessary for the safe and effective operation of counter operations.
- Ensure all products are labelled correctly with the correct name and price and dates.
- Ensure good stock rotation management by ensuring that stock is rotated on a first in, first out basis.
- Ensure all deliveries are checked against invoice in detail with specific emphasis on dates, shortages, contamination and delivery temperatures.
- Maintain regular temperature checks of the counter and ensure records are updated on a regular basis to meet Health and Safety and food safety legislation.
- Operate machinery in a safe manner and wear PPE as required.
- Be flexible when it comes to working hours.
- Able to travel easily between two sites as required by a rota.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to demonstrate excellent customer services skills including being polite, friendly, helpful and professional.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Computer literate
- Ability to interpret orders
Knowledge of, or a passion for Polish and Eastern European foods are desirable.
Flexibility with working hours and ability to travel between two sites is paramount.
Ability to speak/understand Polish would be advantageous but not essential.
Full training is provided.
If you have the skills and an excellent customer orientated attitude we would love you to apply.