Demand Planner – Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Extremely Competitive & Negotiable dependant upon experience
- Status: 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday or agreed variation of (1 hour for lunch)
- Location: This is a full time / permanent role based at our Head Office, Harwich, Essex – UK (site based only)
We have a fantastic opportunity to lead the Demand Planning function within our Frozen Foods business. To be successful in this role, you will need experience of working within projects and be familiar with demand planning and forecasting systems and tools.
Overall Role Purpose:
To collate the company Demand Plan and organise production according to demand and quality standards. You will ensure that goods are produced on time for distribution in a profitable manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate collation of the demand plan for all Frozen Foods Sku’s within the business.
- Collaborate with production team to ensure optimum productivity and timely completion of orders
- Produce and communicate ordering timeline for non production Sku’s
- Promptly address and resolve production issues to minimise delays in production
- To plan and generate packaging orders based on forward forecast and production schedule
- To demand plan raw materials based on forward forecast
- To manage all internal transfers between Reed Boardall and internal company premises.
- To review and respond to stock queries
- To suggest new ways of working and automation to streamline and simplify current processes
- To work with system development team in India to design automations of scheduling and planning tools to amalgamate all into one system
Skills & Qualifications include;
- Proven experience working as a demand planner
- You will preferably have gained your experience within an FMCG manufacturing company with strong brands across multiple categories
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
If you have the skills for this role we would love you to apply.
Candidates must have current Right to Work in the UK status to be considered for this position.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its extensive world food ranges – across frozen, ambient and fresh – has seen it become one of the biggest suppliers of world food lines into many of UK’s major supermarkets including Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons. It also services thousands of independent retail accounts across the UK. Surya’s leading Laila basmati rice features in the UK’s Top 3 rice brands and is the UK’s No.1 dry rice brand.
Surya Food is also behind leading frozen world food brands Humza (No.1) and Shazans (No.2), as well as Salaam (UK Top 10 Rice Brand), Apna, Jamaica’s Pride, Reggae Kitchen and Island Sun.
Surya’s authentic ranges cater to South Asian, Oriental, Afro-Caribbean and Polish communities, with Mediterranean, Turkish and Arabic products also featured in its world food line up. With a catalogue spanning over 2,500 products available, in addition to its own brands, Surya also represents more than 50 agency lines including some of the world’s favourite brands.
As one of the UK’s leading ethnic wholesale specialists Surya Foods offers a variety of high quality, authentic products spanning rice, flour, spices, plant-based, beverages, sauces, snacks and savouries that are sold in over 30 countries worldwide.
During the last 20 years, in response to the UK’s more adventurous culinary tastes, Surya Foods has moved from simple rice production to becoming a major importer of exciting, new exotic world flavours, with an emphasis on newly trending markets.
Operating from several different areas in UK, with distribution centres spread across Europe, as well as buying offices around the globe, Surya Food’s main hub is an 11 acre site in Harwich – home to its head office and some 500,000 sq ft of storage space.
With its own distribution fleet of over 100 vehicles, Surya Foods is able to maintain highly efficient service levels throughout Europe and enjoys a large client account base – distributing products to supermarket chains, independent stores, cash and carrys, wholesalers and food service businesses throughout the UK and the world.