Demand Planning Manager, Harwich, Essex.
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive dependant on experience
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Location: Harwich, Essex
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Demand Planning Manager. The successful applicant will report into the Managing Director. The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of demand planning gained in an FMCG organisation. You will be well versed in interpreting data from different sources and translating this into a production plan that ensures customer availability is protected but best value from production assets is achieved. You’ll be a strong communicator, with good influencing skills and a willingness to work cross functionally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing daily and weekly production plans, using Excel & other inhouse data sources.
- Managing capacity planning and resources to ensure products are completed on time in full.
- Updating the business cross functional teams on any changes or possible issues.
- Understand promotional volumes, seasonal volatile peaks and new product launches.
- Analysing and revising production plans and updating deadlines to achieve weekly volumes.
- Chair daily production review meetings with the shift managers to ensure production flow and achieved targets
- Be able to solve issues and work with the team for solutions.
- Manage component ordering in time with production schedules and expectations.
- Communicational lead with packaging, film and label suppliers, from ordering to delivery and cost reductions.
- Present weekly current production plan and future weeks capacity scheduling.
- Assisting the team to cover other activities and project work when required
Skills & Qualifications include;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Demand Planning gained in a Food manufacturing organisation (Whole grain, beans knowledge would be an advantage)
- Ability to work at in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work under pressure & time scales
- Microsoft Excel skills – minimum of 3 years, no less than intermediate Level
If you feel you have the experience described above, please apply to this role or contact email@example.com