eCommerce Manager, Remote/ Harwich, Essex
Part of the Flying Trade Group, Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods to the UK food sector. Its unrivalled, extensive world food ranges has seen it become the biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, alongside over 1000 independent accounts in the UK.
With a range of over 2,000 products available, Surya owns three rice brands listed in the UK’s top 10 (Laila, Salaam & Apna – Nielsen 2017), represents over 50 agency lines from some of the world’s leading companies, as well as its own popular house-brands, including Jamaica’s Pride and Island Sun.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team. Our company culture supports and nurtures personal development to ensure a first step with us always brings further opportunities.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, an eCommerce Manager to manage our online accounts. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for designing and leading the development and implementation of the e-commerce strategy to drive growth across UK/ Europe. The role is remote based however there may be a need to visit our Head Office in Harwich, Essex as and when business needs require.
Essential for the role
We are looking for someone who is highly organised and able to develop and carry out strategic online marketing plans. You should have a level of transparency in order to secure funding, sales within our target market and able to present new advances or initiatives to improve the company’s online presence and e-sales.
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the growth of our online brands, helping to build and maintain a strong and consistent position through a range of online and offline marketing channels
- Collaborate cross functionally with the Commercial Team, Marketing, Supply chain as well as the global eCommerce Organisation to develop a robust eCommerce business
- Lead the negotiations with key eCommerce platforms in UK and Europe to list and activate the product portfolio and drive online demand generation.
- Evaluate digital performance and provide recommendations and key learnings to continuously improve the UK and Europe digital presence, including websites and social media platforms.
- Other duties commensurate to the role
- Minimum of 5 years experience in digital marketing / eCommerce experience in the FMCG/ Consumer (Food) industry
- Ability to lead and manage projects
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Experience in Change Management
- Degree in a similar field (Business Management/Digital Marketing/ Retail Management)
- The ability to sell products and services
- The ability to use your initiative
- Business management skills
- To be flexible and open to change
- Self-motivated and can work well under pressure
- Thinking and reasoning skills to come up with new ideas
- Salary is Competitive/Negotiable dependent on experience
- Laptop & Mobile Phone to be provided.
- Workplace pension.
- Staff Discount after 6 months service
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team in a fast paced innovative sector.