Engineering Manager, Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Competitive/ Negotiable (DOE)
- Status: Full time / Permanent (Mon to Fri)
- Location: Harwich, Essex
The successful candidate will be based at our 11 acre manufacturing site. You will be responsible for leading the engineering/maintenance function providing both a reactive and proactive, multi-skilled maintenance service on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure. Delivering a full maintenance programme to achieve manufacturing KPI’s, driving business efficiency and customer service.
MAIN DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Maintenance activities
- Effectively delegate any engineering /maintenance issues to be resolved on each shift and small projects to the right skills in the team, planning and managing effective works
- Adhere to daily and weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site
- Develop a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule, ensure full preventative maintenance is carried out, plan in missed maintenance activities, and lead the team to deliver effectively
- Audit and ensure compliance of the engineering data systems
- Schedule both internal and external work(s) maximising planned down time and reducing unplanned downtime
- Manage the team to ensure machine availability, reactively managing dysfunctional machinery with the Shift management
- Ensure engineering operates as part of a multi-functional team with clear and open communication.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred (Degree/Diploma in engineering, preferably mechanical / electrical / chemical / process engineering.
- Proven leadership of maintenance or engineering function within a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Knowledge of food safety, regulatory requirements for food safety and hygienic engineering
- Understanding of TS16949, IOSH/NEBOSH, ISO 14001
- Analytical skills in problem solving.
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a variety of cross-functional team members
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills
- Competent in problem solving, team building, planning and decision making
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chainABOUT US: Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries.We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team.BENEFITS:
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free carparking
- 50% off accommodation and 50% off Food at anyone of our 13 hotel / leisure sites (after successful probation)
- Employee discount on food products (after successful probation)