Export Coordinator, Harwich, Essex
- Based: Harwich, Essex
- Status: Full time / permanent
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable DOE
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Export Coordinator to provide advice and guidance on import and export, working closely with a variety of stakeholders and advising them on customs related matters. A pivotal role, you will also work closely with internal departments, to ensure that customer and stake holder requirements are met and the business remains legally compliant.
Only applicants with relevant experience will be considered.
- Overseeing the process of customs classification and audit including the management and implementation of internal audit controls
- Ensuring compliance in export and import operations (goods classification, origin, preferential treatment, quotas, border controls and customs certification)
- Resolve queries
- Liaison with trade associations, government departments and external consultancies as required
- Keep abreast of latest developments in customs world and translate this into compliance for the business.
- Identifying areas of improvement and optimise processes and ensuring conformity under external customs audits
- Work closely with internal departments such as Buying, Supply Chain and Logistics to ensure compliance needs are met.
- Train and coach others as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Knowledge of applying the General Rules of Interpretation (GIR)
- Experience working with the Customs Integrated Tariff and Explanatory Notes
- Experience working with customs data and the codification of customs declarations
- Proven experience in an export operations role
- Up to date knowledge of customs legislation and customs affairs (import, export, declarations, warehousing, transit etc)
- Knowledge of international trade agreements and the understanding of local and international customs law
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to plan and manage own workload, work independently and report in a structure manner into the wider business
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use own initiative
- Highly focused and accurate with an uncompromising eye for detail
- Hands-on approach and a can-do attitude
- Ability to accommodate last minute requests with ease and efficiency
- Strong communication and cross-company awareness.
If you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you!