Finance Director, Harwich, Essex
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Reporting to: Group CFO
We are seeking a Finance Director. Reporting into the CFO, typical duties and responsibilities for the Finance Director will involve:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Playing a key role in contributing to the development of the foods business strategy, ensuring that it is achievable, and supported by robust financial and commercial action plans including preparation of the divisions budgets, analysis reports
- Support the achievement of business targets by ensuring that a comprehensive monitoring system is in place for the Key Performance Indicators for business functions
- Maintain finance team of 10 or more and take action to match resource requirements to the changing needs of the business.
- Support margin management decisions through robust analysis for all commercial tenders to ensure control over pricing decisions that maximises profitable sales
- Maintain and improve aspects of management accounting and ensure information is used to drive improvements in commercial and operational performance
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process
- Provide support with commercial impact of raw materials, commodity pricing and associated pricing decisions. Control the costing process.
- Prepare financial analysis and offer decision support for business initiatives covering commercial operations and overheads
- Manage the credit control, taxation –VAT, Customs tariff, statutory / internal audits and other financial compliances.
Skills & Qualification;
- Experience of integrating streamline systems in a rapidly evolving business environment would be advantageous
- Strong IT skills with experience of selecting, implementing and be-spoke IT systems
- A strong leader Financial Leader, qualified accountant preferably ACA / ACCA who can lead a team and demonstrate an understanding of the business
- Fast moving consumer products sector experience of five or more years
- Strong and effective communicator with the ability to thrive in very changeable environments and remain focused on delivering a successful result
- Excellent intellectual capacity and application with the ability to effective apply that to a variety of commercial situations
- Beyond specific duties is a need to see the bigger picture and apply both quick fixes where identified and then longer term improvements across our entire food operations which align with the overall business strategy
If you want to join us on our exciting journey and have the experience and dedication required to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.
Please email your CV to; email@example.com