Finance Director – Harwich, Essex.
Vacancy – Finance Director, Surya Foods
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 per annum
Location: Harwich, Essex.
Reporting to: Group CFO
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, including brand new offices being built in Ardleigh Colchester – Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160m, operating in over 30 countries.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op & Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our ever growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
To facilitate this growth and due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a Finance Director. Reporting to the Group CFO this is a senior management role responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Playing a key role in contributing to the development of the foods business strategy, ensuring that it is achievable, and supported by robust financial and commercial action plans including preparation of the divisions budgets, analysis reports
- Support the achievement of business targets by ensuring that a comprehensive monitoring system is in place for the Key Performance Indicators for business functions
- Maintain finance team of 10 or more and take action to match resource requirements to the changing needs of the business.
- Support margin management decisions through robust analysis for all commercial tenders to ensure control over pricing decisions that maximises profitable sales
- Maintain and improve aspects of management accounting and ensure information is used to drive improvements in commercial and operational performance
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process
- Provide support with commercial impact of raw materials, commodity pricing and associated pricing decisions. Control the costing process.
- Prepare financial analysis and offer decision support for business initiatives covering commercial operations and overheads
- Manage the credit control, taxation –VAT, Customs tariff, statutory / internal audits and other financial compliances.
Skills & Qualification;
- A strong leader Financial Leader, qualified accountant preferably ACA / ACCA who can lead a team of 10 or more and demonstrate an understanding of the business
- Fast moving consumer products sector experience of five or more years
- Strong and effective communicator with the ability to thrive in very changeable environments and remain focused on delivering a successful result
- Excellent intellectual capacity and application with the ability to effective apply that to a variety of commercial situations
If you want to join us on our exciting journey and have the experience and dedication required to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.
Online application form
- Junior National Account Manager – Remote/Field/Office Based, Essex, UK Apply
- Brand Manager (Food) Harwich, Essex Apply
- Tippers x 2 Nights Shift, Harwich Essex Apply
- FA to CFO, Harwich, Essex Apply
- Import & Export Executive, Harwich, Essex Apply
- Logistics Container Planner, Harwich, Essex Apply
- Sales Order Processor – Harwich, Essex UK Apply
- Field Sales Executive, South, Midlands and North, UK (Remote) Apply
- NPD Specifications Technologist – FMCG – Harwich, Essex. Apply