Financial Analyst, Harwich, Essex
- Competitive Salary
- Permanent, full-time (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm)
- Harwich, Essex
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind fastest growing UK rice brand, Laila- part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s. Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for;
- Preparing, reviewing and reporting variance on key sales and margin data on weekly and monthly basis.
- Monthly Category wise profitability and margin reports.
- Responsible for setting up of detailed operational and sales budgets working closely with the business managers.
- Monitor and report budgets versus actuals for operations and sales function.
- Prepare or direct preparation of KPI’s for various departments including listing of the KPI’s.
- Assist in preparing reports for financial institutions.
- Creating charts, graphs and tables for business presentations.
- Monitor / maintain pricing and promotions for the products.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate financial issues with non-finance persons
- Problem solving ability.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines.
- Professional Degree in Finance and/or accounting or studying for a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent).
- Educated to ‘A’ level standard.
- At least 3 years experience in a relevant role
- FMCG experience is preferred.
- Experience of planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Will need to demonstrate that they can apply theoretical knowledge on relevant aspects of financial analysis into practice.
- Report writing skills. Writing formal reports to Directors
- Advanced IT skills (especially in Excel, Qlikview).
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Staff Benefits / Discounts
If you have the relevant skills and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.
Please note candidates must be able to demonstrate right to work in the UK for this role.