Flexographic Assistant, Full-Time – Pershore, WR10.
Modern Packaging is expanding its team!! In conjunction with its large growth plans in the flexible packaging sector.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £170-million and operates in over 40 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands.
As part of our continued drive for growth we will be expanding our operations producing flexible films in Pershore.
Salary: Competitive / Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: This position involves working a Continental Shift pattern (which will include working weekends and nights) of on average, 39 hours per week.
- Assisting Printers during make readies
- Loading and unloading reels
- Making and mounting flexographic plates as the need arises
- Cleaning ink sumps and pumps
- Cleaning and rebuild ink chambers
- Performing preventative maintenance programme
- Assisting to ensure all standard paperwork and input data onto MIS systems accurately
- Help with carrying out basic maintenance in accordance with standard procedures
- Previous experience of working / assisting on a Flexographic printing press
- Knowledge of the printing process
- Willingness to take a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm when working under pressure