Flexographic Printer, Full-Time – Pershore, WR10.
Modern Packaging is expanding its team!! In conjunction with its large growth plans in the flexible packaging sector.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £170-million and operates in over 40 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands.
As part of our continued drive for growth we will be expanding our operations producing flexible films in Pershore.
Salary: Competitive / Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: This position involves working a Continental Shift pattern (which will include working weekends and nights) of on average, 39 hours per week.
- Running 8 colour flexo presses
- Producing high quality print on flexible materials
- Ensuring that the area, equipment and machinery are kept clean and tidy
- Troubleshooting issues with the printing press or print quality
- Ensuring that all Health, Safety and Environmental Policies relating to your work area are adhered to by you at all times
- Ensure all standard paperwork and input data onto MIS systems accurately
- Developing the print assistants and pre-press operators to improve process knowledge and overall technical capability of the Department
- Carry out basic maintenance in accordance with standard procedures
- Monitor machinery output to exceed and deliver targets
- Meet KPI production targets and customer deadlines
- Record all product movement on/off the machine in a detailed manner, including correct time recording and product identification
- Complete shift handovers to ensure a smooth transition and continuous production. As a matter of routine, ensure the machinery is in an appropriate operational condition and that the next shift has been briefed on where production is up to and any other relevant production issues.
- Knowledge of artwork, pre-press and repro procedures would be beneficial
- Hold sufficient and recent flexographic printing experience
- Have experience operating a flexographic printing press
- Be aware of flexo print process
- Previously or currently printed packaging
- Able to check print for errors
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- It would be beneficial to have colour matching skills