Food Production Operators Staff (Full Time) – Harwich, Essex.
Working out of our 11 acre site in Harwich, Essex we are seeking full time Production Operatives.
Rate of Pay: Current £8.72+ per hour dependent upon skills and experience + opportunity for career and salary progression.
Status / Days: You will need a willingness to work 12 hour shifts (days/evenings/nights and weekends). Either Tuesdays to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday Shifts / Hours: 12 hour shifts – 2 shifts.
Desirable Skills but not essential:
- Forklift driving/machine operator experience
Production involves 3 areas.
Inbound of Goods (Tipping) – where you work as part of a team to coordinate the raw material coming in and the by-products going out. As part of this, you will have to manage record of stocks and be involved in unloading of goods on a day to day basis which requires manually lifting materials, so physical exertion is required.
Production (Milling) – the specialist area of the process where you will be looking after the throughput of the product through the heart of production – the mill. You will also have to manage timely record of quality documents and cleaning documents as you go along the day with this process.
Packing – area where you will be involved in bagging the product into a final pack format for the end customer. This will involve managing the quality of the finished product as well as ensuring all the documentation related to the process is completed on time.
- Well organised and a good communicator
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Good numeracy and written skills
- Confident working in a team and independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Have a strong work ethic conveying confidence and passion in delivering high quality service
- Being committed to safety, quality and productivity
- Achieving a high standard of punctuality and attendance, following company production rules, adhering to health and safety rules and promote a safe working environment, manual handling required.
Full training will be provided.