Freight Forwarding Manager, Harwich, Essex
- Job Title: Freight Forwarding Manager
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Status Full time / permanent Monday to Friday
- Reporting to: Operations Director
We are looking for an experienced Freight Forwarder to join our team.
Your role will involve process and management of a range of
European and UK road freight shipments from start to finish, using
acquired skills to negotiate commercial pricing, place bookings,
accurately raise documentation and manage customer issues.
Main duties will include:
• Ensure internal controls are maintained to guarantee we meet the
highest standard to customs compliance
• Direct responsibility for arranging freight movements, customs
clearances and the account management of agreed customer
• Arranging and coordinating buyers’ consolidation shipments in
conjunction with overseas agents from multiple suppliers based on
requirements of customer.
• Obtaining quotes from overseas agents for any consignments,
preparing & submitting quotes to customer for approval.
• Updating freight rates to customer as required for full containers
• Daily communication with customer(s) (Telephone / e-mail)
• Coordinating with client to obtain all necessary documents for
• Checking all purchase invoices to ensure cost is in accordance
with rates valid at time of shipment.
• Door to Door freight (Suppliers and Customers).
Skills and Experience:
• 2-5 years’ experience in freight forwarding, international and EU
traffic together with commercial pricing experience is essential
• Knowledge of commodity codes (BTI’s / tax tariffs)
• Beneficial to have experience and knowledge of customs
clearance and freight forwarding activities; sea freight; Haulage,
intermodal transport and logistics services.
• Excellent relationship building skills with both customers and
suppliers to maximise all opportunities.
• The ability to prioritise, organise & manage time efficiently is
essential within a busy operations team.
• Attention to detail.