Group Head of Technical, Essex
Group Head of Technical
If you’re passionate about food, innovation, and making waves in the industry, then you’re the kind of person we want. Every day is different, and you will be critical to the business’s success and growth plans.
What’s the Role About?
As the Group Technical Manager, you’ll take the lead in driving Food Safety Culture by presence, personality and clear leadership within the business through integrity in decision making, equal driver in continuous improvement planning, and clear communication.
- Lead the technical function through clear strategies in Quality, Compliance and Food Safety.
- create and continually adapt routines within the departments that manage and develop these
- create and continually adapt clear and straight forward reporting of the outcomes of the strategic KPIs.
- Have a genuine passion for food safety culture, making it real and tangible to the business, creating clear measures for improvement.
- Work with all departments in the supply chain within the business to bring clear and accurate data together that allows accurate food safety risk assessments to be made for the security of the business.
- Shared leadership on NPD covering traded goods and milled / packed goods.
- Usual responsibilities for local authority point of contact and customers
- Point of advice on legal compliance issues.
- Involvement with a clear food safety voice in all projects, ensuring food safety considerations are absorbed, and then that all procedures and processes are updated or introduced.
At least 10 years technical management experience supported with a formal food qualification to at least HND – experience and personal drive with a record on bringing about positive food safety change is as important as the level of formal qualification.
- Experienced with facing into major multiples and other retailers.
- Use of problem-solving techniques both dynamically and in a structured way.
- Personable at all levels.
- Major multiple supply experience.
- Experience in traded goods – supply chain and labelling issues.
- HACCP Level 4.
- Sound knowledge of HACCP, BRCGS, TACCP / VACCP, customer factory standards
- Experienced in horizon scanning
Generous package including pension and group discounts