Surya Foods is a medium business in Harwich, Essex. We are innovative, fast-paced, inclusive, and our goal is to To be the leading supplier of World Foods across Europe, offering good quality products of sustainable origin, at great customer value across chilled, ambient and frozen categories all with a first class service.
Interested in working for a company that has great ambitions to become the leading supplier of World Foods across Europe?
We are on the look out for a Group Head of Technical to lead and oversea all food safety and quality at Surya Foods as well as managing our current Technical Team.
- This is a full time role and site based in Harwich, Essex.
- Candidates must be able to commute / relocate.
- Salary is competitive / negotiable depending on experience.
Some of the duties include, but not limited to;
- Head up the technical function in a growing business, ensuring all customers are confident with the knowledge, experience and technical integrity of the technical department and devise and implement a comprehensive annual plan for the technical department and performance monitoring of the team.
- Lead and advise the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards relating to good manufacturing practice, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene.
- Strong delivery of business technical KPI’s. These will include: consumer complaints, audit performance, extrinsic and internal (including ISO, BRC, HACCP) pest control, hygiene % compliance to schedule, training and development of teams.
- Liaise in professional manner with customers, external auditors and major retailers in matters of a technical nature.
- Liaise with local and international authorities regarding site food safety and legislation, labelling, customer complaints and environmental issues.
- Lead in respect of Health & Safety across sites.
- Train staff in level 2 food hygiene, level 2 health & safety, level 3 food hygiene (Supervisor’s and Manager’s).
- You’ll also own the processes within the technical department and track, trend and implement improvement procedures based around non-conformances.
- You should be commercially aware
- Able to work to changing deadlines, and in a changing environment with the ability to problem solve and bring thought-out and creative solutions using limited resources.
- A food science degree is desirable
- Minimum of Level 4 HACCP
- Minimum of Level 2 TACCP
- An advanced food hygiene diploma.
- Sound knowledge of BRC, FEMAS and HACCP / TACCP
- Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing / retail
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to train, develop staff and lead by example.