Group Logistics Manager, Harwich – Essex
- Salary: Competitive & Negotiable
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Location: Harwich, Essex
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million. , operating in over 30 countries.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching further SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth, we are seeking a Group Logistics Manager, reporting to the Operations Director. The overarching requirement of the role is to maximise the efficiency and profitability of the Group’s logistics operations while simultaneously achieving best practice in systems, process and technology, continuous improvement, supply chain, automation and delivery. You will also be responsible for end to end project management and oversight.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work effectively across the sites to ensure successful execution of logistics support on integrated projects including process improvement implementation at our Warehouses and outlets, site relocation planning, integration of distribution networks and transport planning implementation.
- Work with all stakeholders and identify systems tools needed to implement process improvements
- Manage and negotiate third party vendor relationships and agreements
- Executive lead to drive best practice through process and technology
- Lead business projects
- Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to group logistics planning/ forecasting
- Coordinate development of solutions to complex logistics support problems with other product support functions, customers, and suppliers
- Develop and implement logistics plans inclusive of supplier contracts, routing guidelines, problem resolution and cost containment
- Evaluate logistics supply chain needs and selection
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of Project Management at Multi Site level
- Firm regulatory understanding of Import / Export
- Familiar with commodities, VAT, Taxes, EEI, INCO, Tariffs, Harmonization etc.
- Familiarity with customs procedures
- Ability to develop and successfully execute strategy
- Expert analytical skills for the preparation of product demand forecasts, financial profitability of product and inventory management issues
- Expert process improvement skills
- Drive change and transformation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to build and manage successful teams
- Organised, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions
- Ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
- Deliver solutions on time and on budget, while generating superior results
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-moving international business environment
- Supply Chain Management Professional Certification preferred
- FMCG experience preferred