Group Technical Manager – Harwich, Essex.
Be Part of a Winning Team
Group Technical Manager
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Salary: Very Competitive/Negotiable
Location: Based Harwich, Essex + occasional requirement to visit smaller sister sites within group.
If you are looking to further your career with an exciting global, outward-looking company we would be delighted to hear from you.
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind Top 3* UK rice brand Laila basmati.
It is part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £130-million and operates in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019.
The biggest supplier of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons, with over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK, Surya Foods also represents some of the world’s leading brands including Britannia Biscuits, National Foods, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others. In 2020, we are pursuing the strategy of selected retailer own label brand development, for which this leadership role will be pivotal to be successful.
The scale and breadth of our business activities means we can offer great variety and a fantastic environment to start or further your career and owing to our company’s ambitious growth plans we are always looking for talented employees to complement our team.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a Group Technical Manager to lead and advise the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards relating to good manufacturing practices, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene. You will be responsible for ensuring that quality management systems, operating practices and process controls are developed, implemented and adhered to by staff to deliver consistent quality performance and good manufacturing practice across each of the sites.
Delivering agreed KPI’s including those relating to consumer complaints, audit performance, external and internal (including FEMAS, BRC, HACCP) pest control, hygiene % compliance to schedule are key responsibilities whilst providing technical support throughout the group to a complex product supply base.
With proven relevant experience and the capability to lead and develop a technical team, you will be a key member of the Operations Team.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and advise the site teams on statutory regulations and company standards relating to good manufacturing practice, food safety, quality and environmental hygiene.
- Strong delivery of business technical KPI’s. These will include: consumer complaints, audit performance, extrinsic and internal (including ISO, BRC, HACCP) pest control, hygiene % compliance to schedule, training and development of teams.
- Liaise in professional manner with customers, external auditors and major retailers in matters of a technical nature.
- Liaise with local and international authorities regarding site food safety and legislation, labelling, customer complaints and environmental issues.
- Lead in respect of Health & Safety across sites.
- Train staff in level 2 food hygiene, level 2 health & safety, level 3 food hygiene (Supervisor’s and Manager’s).
- A food science degree
- Level 4 HACCP
- An advanced food hygiene diploma.
- Sound knowledge of BRC, FEMAS and HACCP.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Ability to deal with a complexity of products.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to train, develop staff and lead by example.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Head of Technical or Technical Manager to join a dynamic FMCG business in this high-profile role.