Head of IT – Harwich, Essex.
Salary: Competitive / Negotiable
Status: Full Time / Permanent
Reporting to: The Managing Director
The success of Flying Trade Group is built on three core values – service, value and quality.
As a family run group we focus on delivering excellent customer service, together with fantastic quality products and services at great prices, across all the sectors we operate within. These values have enabled our business to thrive and grow rapidly in recent years despite challenging economic times. Over the last decade Flying Trade Group has attained a prominent position across some of the UK’s leading business sectors.
Surya Foods is now firmly established as a major player in the world food sector, and boasts the enviable position of being one of the largest suppliers of world food lines into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s and Morrisons.
Meanwhile Surya Hotel’s expanding hotel portfolio currently features some of the UK’s most beautiful niche hotels. Interests in the leisure and property sectors also form an important part of our UK business.
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, for a Head of IT primarily based at our Head Offices for Surya Foods in Harwich, Essex.
As the Head of IT you will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day IT services and projects across the group, providing functional expertise and controlled change management whilst achieving service levels and operational excellence.
- Develop, implement, maintain robust controls and ensure all risks are identified and managed.
- Manage staff both internally and provide leadership and guidance to our overseas support team based in India.
- Project implementation of various IT initiatives across the group overseeing the whole IT function.
- Oversee the effectiveness and lead the continued development of Company IT systems
- Work with the senior team to drive the strategic direction of the Group.
- Devise and develop a group structure in line with business activities.
- Hold recognised IT qualification/s or demonstrate appropriate experience (Essential)
- Experience of working in the lead IT role within a multi-faceted organisation (Essential)
- Experience of managing staff and leading teams (Essential)
- Experience of leading business changing projects (Essential)
- Strong IT skills with experience of selecting, implementing and bespoking IT systems (Essential)
- Provide a demonstrable track record in delivering excellent control and reporting frameworks.
- Demonstrates a ‘Can do’ attitude and always delivering on tasks though to a conclusion
- Intuitively able to comprehend business needs and taking appropriate decisions to drive IT growth and improvements
- Hands on with an eye for detail but able to appreciate the bigger picture
- Adaptable character, strong enough to challenge whilst at the same time able to build long-term relationships with colleagues, management, group and external teams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with excellent people in a growing Company.
If you want to join us on the journey, and have the dedication to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.