Health & Safety Apprentice, Harwich, Essex
Are you passionate about all thing’s Health and Safety?
Our Group Health and Safety Manager is looking for a H&S Apprentice. This is an excellent opportunity to train and gain opportunities to progress in this field of work.
- Salary circa £20,000
- Hours: 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
- 2 year apprenticeship (fully funded)
- The course element will be delivered by our training partner (RHG), where you will spend 20% of your time attending tutor delivered training, completing learning assessments/reviews and undertaking a final end point assessment.
- The rest of your time will be spent on the job, working closely with the H&S Manager and colleagues assisting with implementing safe systems of work, safety and security initiatives, delivering training (e.g. Inductions & Tool Box Talks), investigating accidents and incidents, analysing safety data.
- Presenting findings to relevant managers and colleagues, assuring the health, safety, and environmental compliance of our operations at Surya Foods.
Upon successful completion, the apprentice will achieve a Level 3 SHE (Safety, Health and Environment) Technician qualification (industry recognised qualification).
Please note, to be eligible for the apprenticeship training, the candidate will;
- Have achieved or working towards 5 GCSEs A* to C including English and Maths
- Knowledge of office computer applications (Microsoft Excel/Word/ PPT)
- Must be a UK resident (3 years +)
- Must be able to demonstrate right to work in the UK
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner, with a genuine interest in health and safety
- Customer focused and committed to making a difference in our communities
- Commitment to learning and development and able to balance learning and earning.
- Commitment to complete a Level 3 Health safety and environmental technician qualification or similar
- Holidays = 5.6 weeks per holiday year, ordinarily 28 days annual leave per year including bank holidays
- Discount card after 6 months services for all hotels within the Surya group, entitles: 50% off for employees (accommodation and food) and 25% off for their friends/ families (see www.suryahotels.co.uk).
- Product discounts
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Free parking
- Long term career and growth opportunity in a growing business