Hotel General Manager – Thatchers Hotel, Guildford, Surrey
Surya Hotels are now seeking an experienced General Manager to lead our Thatchers Hotel in Guildford, Surrey.
With 87 rooms in this Tudor Style Hotel set in the heart of the glorious Surrey Countryside, and an ongoing programme of refurbishment, it is a really exciting time to lead our successful team at Thatchers Hotel.
To be successful as our General Manager you need:
• Management Experience in a 3/4 * 50+ bedroom hotel
• Thirst to drive and improve standards across the Hotel
• Attention to detail
• Ability to lead and inspire a team, across a number of divisions, e.g. Kitchen, Housekeeping, Reception
• Desire to delight our guests at all stages of their booking or stay with us
• Numerical dexterity to crunch the numbers, drive occupancy, ARR and achieve best ROI
• Insight in to local market, specifically aware of MICE opportunities and ways to increase F&B footfall
• Compassion to lead, motivate, inspire and develop your team- from your housekeeping stars to your admin support and FOH wonders
• Proven experience being hands on whilst seeing the bigger picture to increase your business
• Proven ability to work autonomously within an evolving framework
General Managers are managed against the Hotel P&L, guest feedback, ARR, Occupancy levels, Audits and Team stability
The ideal General Manager:
• Must have experience within a similar role with site and P&L responsibility
• Strong Hospitality Background, with experience gained in hotels, with proven levels of success
• Excellent management skills, including recruiting, performance managing and leading a team
• Commercially astute to monitor and analyse trends and identify opportunities
• Flexible in approach and a ‘Can do, will achieve’ attitude
Surya Hotels owns and operates 14 Hotels and Pubs across East Anglia and Surrey, as part of the independently owned Flying Trade Group, a collection of companies within leisure, food, construction and hospitality. We offer our team great career prospects as we continue to grow.
In return we’re offering our General Manager:
• A highly competitive salary
• 28 days holiday, (inclusive of public holidays),
• AE pension,
• Bike to work scheme,
• Varied working times and great opportunities to advance your career
• Big discounts on Hotel Stays and Meals, throughout the Group
If you’re a career focused, passionate and progressive General Manager looking to lead an amazing hotel team, we want to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £65,000 dependant on experience.