Hygiene Manager, Harwich – Essex
- Job Title : Hygiene Manager
- Reporting to : Group head of Technical
- Hours of Work : Full time/ Permanent – Monday – Friday
- Salary : Circa 35k
We are looking for an experienced Hygiene Manager to join our site in Harwich to lead and manage our hygiene operation.
The ideal candidate will report to the Group Head of Technical and support him in ensuring that compliance is to BRC standards, Customer standards, UK legislation and EU legislation. You will be very hands on, with a great attention to detail and with proven experience in managing and setting up hygiene management systems.
The Key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Develop and manage the hygiene management system for the site.
- Ensure appropriate labour in place as required, and planning/deployment of labour is maintained.
- Maintain and improve our hygiene standards and practices
- Ensure compliance with internal and external legislation
- Maintain hygiene records for training, clean, testing and investigations and analyse trends.
- Motivate and maximise employee engagement, supporting their training development.
- Support the site during audits.
- Set and monitor Hygiene KPI’s
The ideal candidate has:
- A good knowledge of food manufacturing, HACCP and Microbiology.
- A good knowledge of BRC and retailer Hygiene requirements.
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail and articulate manner
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Assertive in leadership skills
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 30%.
We supply 100’s of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op, Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our every growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU’s.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU’s this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing and buying team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.