Import / Export Manager, Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive – Dependent on Experience
- Status: Full Time / Permanent Monday to Friday
- Location Harwich, Essex (office based only)
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160 million, operating in over 30 countries.
As a result of continued growth, we are recruiting for an experienced Imports & Exports Manager you must be customer focused and be able to supervise a small team.
- Imports and Exports customs clearances and procedures
- Liaison with shipping lines, Port health, RPA and APHA / DEFRA.
- Customs procedures like Bonding, Inward Processing Relief, AEO, Transit documents etc
- Licensing requirements for POAO, CAP goods both for UK and EU
- Understanding of commodity codes and BTI process
- Manage a small team of import / export executives and support their development
The ideal candidate for the role of Imports & Exports Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a Foods Company or Clearing House.
- Knowledge of regulations, processes and compliance for importing & exporting goods
- Post-Brexit hands on experience
- Ability to coordinate cross-site, multi-functional teams.
- Strong PC application skills including compliment of Microsoft Office Software
- Possess strong analytical skills to be able to review data and apply informed decisions
If you have the necessary experience and want to work in a growing business with great people, we would love you to apply.