Imports and Exports Coordinator, Harwich, Essex
- Location: Harwich, Essex
- Salary: Competitive / Negotiable DOE
- Hours/ Days: Full time/ Monday to Friday 40 hours a week
We are recruiting, on a permanent basis, an Imports and Exports Coordinator, reporting to the Finance Director, you’ll be organising import and export orders, ensuring all documentation is compliant and processed in the right manner.
You’ll also have the chance to put your excellent customer service skills to use, as you deal with any queries that come your way.
Duties and responsibilities are as follows;
- Interface with the buying team for purchase orders, documentation / despatch intimation and supplier queries to ensure all paperwork is received in time for imports clearance.
- Coordinate DD container orders with buyer and inform logistics the DD containers.
- Ensuring all paperwork is in order in time for clearances for our sister companies within the Group
- RPA – Coordinate all licenses applications, certificate of origin / authenticity stamping from RPA, ensure no open licenses are pending, bank guarantee check, quota applications & follow up.
- Shipping Lines – Ensure all invoices are received in time and follow up for payments so that pins are received 36-48 hours in advance minimum.
- Ensure paperwork has reached clearing agent and container is cleared as soon as it arrives. In case of delayed rice certificates / licenses, clear them on bond and ensure clearance within a week.
- Coordinate paperwork with Finance, ensure all payments for collection documents and shipping lines are paid well within time so that clearances and issuance of pins is well in advance.
- Once the pins are received, they should be handed over to Logistics for booking in of containers (VBS) and coordination within operations for containers sequencing.
- Maintain spreadsheet for clearances, approving the costs related to shipment and noting it on spreadsheet to avoid double / excess payment, maintain data of every shipment and logistics coordination who are responsible for bring the containers and returning empties in time.
- Experience within a similar role is advantageous
- Able to work as part of a team across different stakeholders and communicate clearly
- Excellent time management is essential in this position
- A strong and efficient organised worker who is methodical and can apply attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate solutions
- Excellent computer skills; experience using Excel, Outlook and Carrier software essential
- Understanding/experience of logistics flow and process/ procedures within a FMCG environment or experience in logistics planning including bulk product transportation (Food/ Ingredients)
- Knowledge of Harmonised Tariff System, HMRC Customs Procedure Codes and revenue amendment policies
- Free onsite parking
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount on Products and Services within the Group