Imports and Exports Manager – Harwich, Essex.
- Salary: Negotiable/Competitive – Dependent on Experience
- Status: Full Time / Permanent
- Location Harwich
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila – part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160 million, operating in over 30 countries.
As a result of continued growth, we are recruiting for an experienced Imports & Exports Manager you must be customer focused and be able to supervise a small team.
- Imports and Exports customs clearances and procedures
- Liaison with shipping lines, Port health, RPA and APHA / DEFRA.
- Customs procedures like Bonding, Inward Processing Relief, AEO, Transit documents etc
- Licensing requirements for POAO, CAP goods both for UK and EU
- Understanding of commodity codes and BTI process
- Manage a team of import / export executives and support their development
The ideal candidate for the role of Imports & Exports Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within a Foods Company or Clearing House.
- Knowledge of regulations, processes and compliance for importing & exporting goods
- Post-Brexit hands on experience
- Ability to coordinate cross-site, multi-functional teams.
- Strong PC application skills including compliment of Microsoft Office Software
- Possess strong analytical skills to be able to review data and apply informed decisions
If you have the necessary experience and want to work in a growing business with great people, we would love you to apply.