In-house Commercial Solicitor – Harwich & London
- Status: Full Time
- Hours: Monday to Friday (3 days at Harwich site and 2 days at London practice)
- Salary: £30k (DOE)
As a result of continued growth we are looking to expand our existing Legal department which supports Surya Foods and its sister operations and we are seeking an in-house Commercial Solicitor, preferably qualified/at that level (although newly qualified applicants would be considered), who is able to turn their hand to a wide variety and range of work which includes company secretarial, fintech supported and related documents, hotel agreements, general litigation and otherwise.
The candidate will ideally have a general understanding of law and a very practical and commercial approach.
This role is required in both Harwich, Essex (3 days per week) and London office (2 days per week).
The candidate will be working with the person who provides in house legal services to a number of companies. The workload is predominately Commercial and some Corporate awareness would be beneficial. The in-house role will be to undertake a diverse range of legal work.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Broad commercial legal knowledge to include different areas of law (e.g. Commercial, intellectual property, data protection)
- Working directly with other areas of the business including sales, operations, finance, marketing and procurement.
- Strong academic/degree background;
- UK Qualified Solicitor (newly qualified will be considered / 1-4 years PQE)
- Able to adapt and work flexibly in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to communicate clearly and explain often complex legal issues
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply for this position we would love to hear from you.